Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 5:40 pm
New Sparky is not the only notable short-timer in Arizona sports history
On March 19, 2013, Arizona State put the kibosh on new Sparky, instead deciding to let the 'ASU community' design the new look.
The mascot's tenure lasted fewer than three weeks, though the reaction to him was, well, pretty negative (but very funny).
Anyway, new Sparky's short tenure in the Valley got us to thinking about other Valley sports figures who did not last very long, and we came up with a few.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns