Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 10:26 pm
Chad Johnson pleads on national TV for one more shot in NFL
These days, Johnson -- who was released by the Miami Dolphins in August after being arrested for domestic battery -- has became a caricature of his former self.
Never short on gimmicks -- be it the Hall of Fame jacket, the name change or handing an NFL official a dollar bill -- the six-time Pro Bowler tried his hand in yet another one on live television Wednesday morning.
When most people are looking for new work, they go around handing out resumes to prospective employers. Johnson took a rather different approach.
Looking for one final shot to prolong his professional career, Johnson took to ESPN's FirstTake desk to plea with any general manager who might be tuning in.
While it was concise and seemed partly genuine, it also reeked of desperation, and oh by way, was entirely inaccurate.
Johnson described himself as humble, quiet and always open.
Good luck with that one, Chad.
- The ALS slime bucket challenge?
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months