Fairfax AD Belcher passes football torch to Winemiller
Originally published: Jul 16, 2014 - 12:00 am
Interim football coach Dylan Winemiller has had the “interim’’ tag removed and now is the official field boss for the program at Betty H. Fairfax in Laveen.
Winemiller, who has guided the team through summer drills, replaces Kevin Belcher, who was promoted to the athletic director’s post at Fairfax. Winemiller has been on the football staff at Fairfax for six seasons, the last three as defensive coordinator. Winemiller also is the head track coach at Fairfax and was head football coach at North High in Phoenix.
Belcher said Winemiller and the program will continue to be a good fit, and his decisions always have been made based on the best interests of the student-athletes. He will continue in his role as a faculty member at Fairfax.
Winemiller said he will continue to devote his energies “to build a program that is second to none. The program will be highly organized and well-run. It will be a productive, positive component of the school and the local community. Discipline and effort will be stressed. Through hard work and discipline, the student-athletes will develop a great sense of pride in becoming good citizens, good students and good athletes. It is our goal to see that each and every one of our players is successful, not just in the game of football, but in the game of life.’’
The team leaves for its pre-season camp this week and will return soon after to begin preparations for the 2014 regular season.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- Station Casino's Co-Founder and UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta - Saturday August 23Lorenzo Fertitta talks about sponsoring the Sollenberger Classic and the UFC coming to Phoenix.
- AIA Director of Business Media Brian Bolitho - Saturday August 23Brian Bolitho talks about the importance and growth of the Sollenberger Classic.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.