Tiffany Tate undergoes second double-lung transplant
Originally published: Jun 21, 2014 - 12:00 am
Seton Catholic assistant girls basketball coach Tiffany Tate underwent a second double-lung transplant on Friday (June 20) at St. Joseph's Hospitaland Medical Center in Phoenix, according to Seton head coach Karen Self.
Tate, a standout basketball player in her own right at Chandler High, has battled cystic fibrosis for several years and had an earlier double-lung transplant that failed to work. Tate played on two state championship teams at Chandler in 1999 and 2000.
"The surgery took seven hours and went extremely well," Self said. "She is resting comfortably, and has a long recovery in front of her."
The 2014 Seton girls basketball team dedicated its Division II championship over Cienega this past March to Tate.
- Perry High Sophomore and Arizona State Basketball Commit Markus Howard - Saturday August 30Markus Howard talks about committing to ASU and the upcoming season for Perry High School.
- Xavier Prep Junior and USC Girl's Volleyball Commit Khalia Lanier - Saturday August 30Khalia Lanier talks about the volleyball season and her commitment to USC.
- Basha Head Football Coach Gerald Todd - Saturday August 30Gerald Todd talks about getting their first win of the season against Desert Vista.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- August 30, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps recaps week 1 of the AZ HS sports season.
- August 30, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps week 1 of the Arizona High School sports season.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.