Tiffany Tate undergoes second double-lung transplant
Originally published: Jun 21, 2014 - 12:00 am
Seton Catholic assistant girls basketball coach Tiffany Tate underwent a second double-lung transplant on Friday (June 20) at St. Joseph's Hospitaland Medical Center in Phoenix, according to Seton head coach Karen Self.
Tate, a standout basketball player in her own right at Chandler High, has battled cystic fibrosis for several years and had an earlier double-lung transplant that failed to work. Tate played on two state championship teams at Chandler in 1999 and 2000.
"The surgery took seven hours and went extremely well," Self said. "She is resting comfortably, and has a long recovery in front of her."
The 2014 Seton girls basketball team dedicated its Division II championship over Cienega this past March to Tate.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.