Show Low to host D-IV-V All-Star football game
Originally published: Jun 20, 2014 - 12:00 am
After a one-year hiatus, the Division IV-V All-Star Football game is ready to return, this time at a new location.
On Saturday, Show Low will host the All-Star game that used to call Surprise Stadium home. But before the 6 p.m. game kicks off, a very important ceremony will be held.
Game organizers will honor Steve McKane, Florence High’s football coach, who passed away during the 2013 regular season. McKane’s parents will receive an award during the ceremony.
McKane, 38, was an All-State player at Mesa High and was in his second season at Florence.
About 65 players and some of the top high school coaches will participate in this year’s D-IV-V All-Star game. A handful of folks and organizations did a lot of things to help the All-Star game return this year, including Snowflake coach Ron Tenney and Buddy’s All-Stars in Tempe, Show Low football Randy Ricedorf said.
Buddy’s All-Stars supplied the uniforms for Saturday’s game.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.