Brophy Prep products provide thrills with their speed
Originally published: Jun 16, 2014 - 12:00 am
It was a big weekend for students from Phoenix Brophy Prep, both current and former.
Matt McMurry, a current Bronco, turned on the horsepower in Le Mans, France, becoming the youngest competitior and youngest finisher at the age of 16 in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. He finished 24th overall.
Also, former Brophy multi-sport star Devon Allen won the 110-meter hurdles in the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Eugene, Ore., home of his University of Oregon.
Allen, a freshman, set a meet record with a time of 13.16 seconds, and was the second-fastest in NCAA history. He is the first freshman to win an NCAA individual title since 1976. Oregon won its first outdoor championship since 1984.
Allen also expects to see a significant amount of playing time as a wide receiver for the Ducks this fall.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.