By the numbers look at AZ HS baseball players drafted
Originally published: Jun 10, 2014 - 12:00 am
Twelve players were chosen in the First-Year Player Draft this year.
It’s not a high number compared to previous drafts. Still, this year’s draft marks the 23rd time that at least 11 or more Arizona high school baseball players were drafted in each of the previous 24 MLB drafts.
Also, Mountain Pointe’s Cole Tucker became the 13th player to get drafted from an Arizona high school in the first round when the Pirates selected him with the 24th overall pick on Thursday. Major League Baseball started the First-Year Player Draft in 1965.
More by the numbers
0 The number of Hall of Famers Arizona high schools have produced since 1965.
25 The highest amount of Arizona high school players chosen in one draft. It happened in 2006.
32 The amount of players drafted from Chaparral, the state’s leader in this category, since 1965.
582 The number of Arizona high school players drafted since 1965. Not all of the players signed out of high school.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.