The end of football season brings feelings of both joy and sadness. On one hand you get to celebrate the culmination of all the hard work you've put in. But, on the other hand, you have to wait that much longer to take the field again.
I put on my "glory days" hat to try to remember what was on my mind during the high school football offseason.
A lot has changed since I played, especially with the social explosion.
So from what I remember — and adding in what's going on now in the high school space — here are 10 things athletes think about during the high school football offseason.
10. I need to skip the CrossFit pressure and head to the weight room.
9. Our 12th man needs to help us this year.
8. If I watch Reggie Bush's sick high school highlights over and over, maybe I can pull off some of his moves this year.
7. I am trusting coach that it will all be worth it.
6. Can't wait to see coach's face after his Gatorade bath.
5. Saw another player put up 660 pounds (squat), 420 pounds (bench) and 725 pounds (deadlift) for a total of 1,805 pounds, and decided I have work to do.
4. Maybe I'll aim to put up 515 pounds. And then MaxPreps can make me into Hulk.
3. Need to remember all of coach's speeches over the course of the year.
2. I'm willing to do anything to win this year.
1. I don't care if we went 0-10 last season, we're going to state ...