Updated Feb 10, 2014 - 5:10 pm
AIA provides more information regarding upcoming wrestling tournaments
PHOENIX, AZ (Feb. 10, 2014) – The AIA staff and the AIA Executive Board consider the health and safety of all students to be of the highest concern. The postponement of the sectional tournament last week was done based on advice and counsel received from medical, public health officials and experts within the national wrestling community. Based on that information, without dissent, the sectionals were postponed in order to reduce the risk of the spread of further skin related infection(s).
The AIA is currently working with public health officials to identify the nature of the infection(s), determine how widespread this may be, and incubation period(s). We will work closely with the schools and wrestling community to provide public health officials with all the information they are requesting. The AIA has requested that schools and families respond to Maricopa County public health officials as quickly as possible.
“We hope that this will come to a timely resolution. We realize that this was an inconvenience and disappointment for many and yet, reducing the possible spread of infection had to take priority,” says Chuck Schmidt, Associate Executive Director.
The AIA is making every effort to have by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 11, adequate direction from the above referenced experts to make an informed decision whether to move forward with the post-season tournament as early as Friday, Feb. 14. There will be no post-season wrestling tournament events taking place on Thursday, Feb. 13. We appreciate the patience and cooperation of the membership, parents and especially the students.
Maricopa Country of Public Health Contact: Jeanene Fowler; Public Information Officer;
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- Matt Rogers - Saturday April 12Xavier Head Sand Volleyball Coach Matt Rogers joins the show.
- Mike Woods - Saturday April 12Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods joins the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.
- March 29, 2014 - Hour: 1Eric Kibler and Justin Allen join the show.