Gilbert Christian hosting Crush Cancer event for 3 families
Originally published: Jan 23, 2014 - 12:00 am
Gilbert Christian is hosting its second annual Crush Cancer game Thursday for the mothers of Gilbert Christian players who are battling cancer.
Arizona Lutheran also is participating in the event. The proceeds from Thursday’s Gilbert Christian-Arizona Lutheran junior varsity and varsity girls basketball games will be given to three families to help offset the cost of their cancer treatment expenses.
Gilbert Christian is inviting the general public to attend the games, which start at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Gilbert Christian (3632 E. Jasper Dr., Gilbert 85296).
A brief ceremony will be held between the j.v. and varsity games for the three families to recognize their courageous battles.
- Lisa Contreras - Saturday March 1Head coach of the Westview girl's basketball team, Lisa Contreras, joins the show.
- Sam Duane - Saturday March 1Corona del Sol Head Coach Sam Duane joins the show.
- James Kirk - Saturday March 1Flagstaff Head Coach James Kirk joins the show.
- Paul Coro - Saturday March 1AZ Central's Paul Coro joins the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 1Jim Smith, Brian Bolitho and Paul Coro join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 2This hour James Kirk, Lisa Contreras and Sam Duane join the show
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour, Michael Carutenuto, Les Wilsey and Jason Skoda join the show.
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour of the show we have The Full Court Press and David Hopkinson and Richard Obert also joi
- February 15, 2014 - Hour: 1AIA 365 - Bringing the highest quality on air content covering Arizona and National Prep Athletics.