Gilbert Christian hosting Crush Cancer event for 3 families
Originally published: Jan 23, 2014 - 12:00 am
Gilbert Christian is hosting its second annual Crush Cancer game Thursday for the mothers of Gilbert Christian players who are battling cancer.
Arizona Lutheran also is participating in the event. The proceeds from Thursday’s Gilbert Christian-Arizona Lutheran junior varsity and varsity girls basketball games will be given to three families to help offset the cost of their cancer treatment expenses.
Gilbert Christian is inviting the general public to attend the games, which start at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Gilbert Christian (3632 E. Jasper Dr., Gilbert 85296).
A brief ceremony will be held between the j.v. and varsity games for the three families to recognize their courageous battles.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.