Girls hoops: Desert Vista escapes Mtn. Pointe, 57-53
Originally published: Jan 20, 2014 - 12:00 am
Desert Vista's girls basketball team was pushed to the end Monday afternoon, bu managed to stay unbeaten with a 57-53 victory over Ahwatukee rival Mountain Pointe at the annual MLK Classic at Grand Canyon University.
Emily Wolph scored eight points in the final quarter after sitting out periodically with foul trouble to help the Lady Thunder to its 19th win without a loss. Desert Vista's Alexis Barfield sank a 3 with 3:55 left to break the game's final tie and Wolph followed with a steal and layup to give DV a 53-48 advantage. Wolph added a layup and with 1:34 left and two free throws with 15 seconds to play to finally put Mountain Pointe (13-7) away. Wolph finished with 13 points.
Madyson Carlin and Maddy Sulka kept Mountain Pointe close with some extra offense in the second half from Tilasha Okey.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.