Girls hoops: Desert Vista escapes Mtn. Pointe, 57-53
Originally published: Jan 20, 2014 - 12:00 am
Desert Vista's girls basketball team was pushed to the end Monday afternoon, bu managed to stay unbeaten with a 57-53 victory over Ahwatukee rival Mountain Pointe at the annual MLK Classic at Grand Canyon University.
Emily Wolph scored eight points in the final quarter after sitting out periodically with foul trouble to help the Lady Thunder to its 19th win without a loss. Desert Vista's Alexis Barfield sank a 3 with 3:55 left to break the game's final tie and Wolph followed with a steal and layup to give DV a 53-48 advantage. Wolph added a layup and with 1:34 left and two free throws with 15 seconds to play to finally put Mountain Pointe (13-7) away. Wolph finished with 13 points.
Madyson Carlin and Maddy Sulka kept Mountain Pointe close with some extra offense in the second half from Tilasha Okey.
- Lisa Contreras - Saturday March 1Head coach of the Westview girl's basketball team, Lisa Contreras, joins the show.
- Sam Duane - Saturday March 1Corona del Sol Head Coach Sam Duane joins the show.
- James Kirk - Saturday March 1Flagstaff Head Coach James Kirk joins the show.
- Paul Coro - Saturday March 1AZ Central's Paul Coro joins the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 1Jim Smith, Brian Bolitho and Paul Coro join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 2This hour James Kirk, Lisa Contreras and Sam Duane join the show
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour, Michael Carutenuto, Les Wilsey and Jason Skoda join the show.
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour of the show we have The Full Court Press and David Hopkinson and Richard Obert also joi
- February 15, 2014 - Hour: 1AIA 365 - Bringing the highest quality on air content covering Arizona and National Prep Athletics.