Arizona Christian University, AIA announce partnership
Originally published: Jan 15, 2014 - 12:00 am
Arizona Christian University continues to build momentum.
After recently announcing its first football coach, ACU and the Arizona Interscholastic Association disclosed Wednesday that they are partnering up to help raise the profile of ACU and its athletic department. Last week, Paradise Valley High’s Donnie Yantis was named ACU’s first head football.
On Feb. 8, ACU’s athletic department will host a Preview Day to introduce the school’s entire coaching staff to Arizona high school athletes and their families.
Families can also learn more about the school’s admission requirements and financial aid on that day.
“Arizona Christian University is rising to create new opportunities for students in higher education, including an athletics program that balances faith and strength of character with championship-caliber competition,” said Len Munsil, president of Arizona Christian University. “We are proud to partner with AIA Sports Properties to raise the visibility of ACU Athletics, especially with the launch of our football program that adds to our many successful existing men’s and women’s teams.”
AIA Sports Properties handles the sponsorship and multimedia rights partnership between the AIA and Virginia based Rockbridge Sports Group, which helps clients retain ownership of their brand.
Frankie Acosta, a former University of Arizona assistant athletic director, runs the AIA’s AIA Sports Properties.
“The AIA is committed first and foremost to our student-athletes, and partnering with Rockbridge Sports Group ensures that we will grow this program within our culture,” said Chuck Schmidt, associate executive director and chief operating officer of the AIA. “This team shares our mission and is committed to do everything we can to generate resources and opportunities to support our next generation of local leaders, which will come from responsible and engaged corporate leaders who understand how giving back to their communities can help them meet their goals.”
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.