48th Flowing Wells Wrestling Invitational features 37 teams
Originally published: Jan 14, 2014 - 12:00 am
Flowing Wells High School plays proud host to its 48th annual Flowing Wells Wrestling Invitational Friday January 17 and Saturday January 18 with 37 schools competing. All action takes place at Flowing Wells HS.
It's an individual format tournament (double elimination). There will be four rounds -- two on Friday and two on Saturday. Friday's first round begins at 10:30 a,m until completion. Second round begins at 6 p.m.. The third round is Saturday starting at 10 a.m. through completion with the fourth round (finals) starting at 6 p.m.
Teams in the field are: Amphitheater, Boulder Creek, Brophy, Canyon del Oro, Carl Hayden, Centennial, Chandler, Cibola, Cienega, Cleveland High (Rio Rancho, NM), Corona del Sol, Desert Edge, Desert Mountain, Desert Vista, Flowing Wells, Hamilton, Highland, Ironwood Ridge, Marana, Marcos de Niza, Maryvale, Mingus, Montwood (El Paso, TX) Marana Mtn. View, Mesa Mtn. View, Paradise Valley, Pueblo, Queen Creek, Rio Rico, Safford, Sahuarita, Santiago, Calif., Silver City, NM, Socorro (El Paso, TX), Sunnyside Thunderbird, Tucson and Willcox.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday March 8AIA Associate Executive Director joins the show this morning.
- Karen Self - Saturday March 8Seton Catholic Head Girls Basketball Coach, Karen Self, joins the show.
- Jerry Conner - Saturday March 8Shadow Mountain Head Coach, Jerry Conner, joins the show.
- J'ohntar Coleman - Saturday March 8Desert Vista Head Girls Basketball Coach, J'ohntar Coleman, joins the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 1Player Casey Benson and coaches J'ohntar Coleman and Jerry Conner join the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 2Karen Self and AIA's Chuck Schmidt join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 1Jim Smith, Brian Bolitho and Paul Coro join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 2This hour James Kirk, Lisa Contreras and Sam Duane join the show
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour, Michael Carutenuto, Les Wilsey and Jason Skoda join the show.