Help Bisbee-Douglas win national rivalry competition
Originally published: Dec 3, 2013 - 12:00 am
Bisbee and Douglas came close to being named the nation’s best football rivalry last year, but that isn’t keeping the schools from chasing the same title this year.
The schools are one step away from reaching the final round again of USA Today’s Best High School Football Rivalry competition. The Arizona football programs are competing with five other rivalries to see which one advances to the final round along with other schools competing in seven other U.S. regions.
Missouri schools Brookfield and Marceline won the first Best Rivalry contest last year. Besides taking home national bragging rights, the schools that win the competition also get to split $5,000.
The Bisbee-Douglas rivalry began in 1906, and the schools met for the 143rd time this year. The winner of the annual Bisbee-Douglas game takes home the Copper Pick, a prize that was first awarded in 1945.
To help Bisbee and Douglas advance to the final round of USA Today’s contest go here.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.