Help Bisbee-Douglas win national rivalry competition
Originally published: Dec 3, 2013 - 12:00 am
Bisbee and Douglas came close to being named the nation’s best football rivalry last year, but that isn’t keeping the schools from chasing the same title this year.
The schools are one step away from reaching the final round again of USA Today’s Best High School Football Rivalry competition. The Arizona football programs are competing with five other rivalries to see which one advances to the final round along with other schools competing in seven other U.S. regions.
Missouri schools Brookfield and Marceline won the first Best Rivalry contest last year. Besides taking home national bragging rights, the schools that win the competition also get to split $5,000.
The Bisbee-Douglas rivalry began in 1906, and the schools met for the 143rd time this year. The winner of the annual Bisbee-Douglas game takes home the Copper Pick, a prize that was first awarded in 1945.
To help Bisbee and Douglas advance to the final round of USA Today’s contest go here.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.