Mesa district looking for head volleyball, football coaches
Originally published: Dec 2, 2013 - 12:00 am
With the fall sports season officially over three Mesa high schools are looking for head varsity coaches in girls volleyball or football for the 2014-2015 school year.
Mesa High is seeking a new football coach and Mountain View and Skyline are searching for volleyball coaches. Here's the appropriate information and contacts for those positions:
Mesa High football -- Mesa High School is currently in the process of selecting a head football coach for the 2014-2015 football season. Mesa High is rich in tradition and with over 600 football wins, and 11 state championships, we continue to strive for excellence. Mesa High School traditions are one of kind. They embody the legacy of Zedo Ishikawa, a high school student in the 1930’s that was mortally wounded by an accidental shotgun blast and uttered the immortal words “Carry On”. A song has been written, and our student body and athletic teams have embraced the words of what it means to be a Mesa High Jackrabbit as they sing “Carry On” after each athletic event. This has set the stage for many years of success with our athletic/academic programs at Mesa High School.
Through December 9, 2013, Mesa High School will be accepting applications for the position of Mesa High School Head Football Coach. A full time teaching position may be available for this candidate. Please address all inquiries, full resumes and information to Scot C. Schmidt, Mesa High Assistant Principal and Athletic Director. 480-472-5907, email@example.com
Mountain View girls volleyball -- Mountain View High School in Mesa, AZ is looking for a qualified Head Girls Volleyball Coach. Interested candidates should email their letter of interest and resume to Steve Harris, Athletic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone # is 48-472-6908. Fax # is 480472-6983.
Skyline girls volleyball -- Skyline High School (Mesa Unified School District), a member of 5A Division I, is seeking a girls volleyball head coach. The desired candidate should possess knowledge of the sport, playing experience, coaching experience, teaching certification, competitiveness, drive, and more. A teaching position may be possible. All interested candidates should send a resume, along with a Letter of Interest, to Athletic Director Greg Schultz. Contact via email Glschult@mpsaz.org or 48-472-9490. Fax number is 48--472-9406.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday March 8AIA Associate Executive Director joins the show this morning.
- Karen Self - Saturday March 8Seton Catholic Head Girls Basketball Coach, Karen Self, joins the show.
- Jerry Conner - Saturday March 8Shadow Mountain Head Coach, Jerry Conner, joins the show.
- J'ohntar Coleman - Saturday March 8Desert Vista Head Girls Basketball Coach, J'ohntar Coleman, joins the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 1Player Casey Benson and coaches J'ohntar Coleman and Jerry Conner join the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 2Karen Self and AIA's Chuck Schmidt join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 1Jim Smith, Brian Bolitho and Paul Coro join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 2This hour James Kirk, Lisa Contreras and Sam Duane join the show
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour, Michael Carutenuto, Les Wilsey and Jason Skoda join the show.