Division 1 State Semifinal: Chandler Versus Hamilton
Originally published: Nov 25, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Hamilton Huskies are headed to the state championship game again. In a game played at Highland High School the Huskies defeat the Chandler Wolves 21-17. Chandler scored first when quarterback Bryce Perkins scored on an 11 yard touchdown run. The lead was shortlived because on Hamilton's next posession Tyrell Smith ran it in from 3 yards out to tie the score at 7-7. It was a defensive battle for the rest of the half as Chandler punted four times and Hamilton was stopped on downs twice as well as being forced to punt twice.
Chandler opened the scoring in the 3rd quarter with a 25 yard field goal but again the Huskies had answer when Smith capped a 72 yard drive with a 4 yard touchdown run to give Hamilton a 14-10 lead. Chandler struck late when Dionte Sykes scored from a yard out but the Wolves were called for a penalty that was enforced on the kickoff giving the Huskies the ball at midfield. Smith scored again on his 32nd and final carry of the ball game with 30 seconds left for what proved to be the game winning touchdown for Hamilton.
Smith finished with 147 yards on the ground in helping setup a rematch of last years state title game against Mountain Pointe which was won by the Huskies 31-16. "I've been proud of all our teams but this group in particular because they have overcome so much" said Hamilton Head Coach Steve Belles. The Huskies have now won 7 consecutive games since losing a 37-27 regular season game at Mountain Pointe on September 27th.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- Matt Rogers - Saturday April 12Xavier Head Sand Volleyball Coach Matt Rogers joins the show.
- Mike Woods - Saturday April 12Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods joins the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.
- March 29, 2014 - Hour: 1Eric Kibler and Justin Allen join the show.