Division 1 State Semifinal: Chandler Versus Hamilton
Originally published: Nov 25, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Hamilton Huskies are headed to the state championship game again. In a game played at Highland High School the Huskies defeat the Chandler Wolves 21-17. Chandler scored first when quarterback Bryce Perkins scored on an 11 yard touchdown run. The lead was shortlived because on Hamilton's next posession Tyrell Smith ran it in from 3 yards out to tie the score at 7-7. It was a defensive battle for the rest of the half as Chandler punted four times and Hamilton was stopped on downs twice as well as being forced to punt twice.
Chandler opened the scoring in the 3rd quarter with a 25 yard field goal but again the Huskies had answer when Smith capped a 72 yard drive with a 4 yard touchdown run to give Hamilton a 14-10 lead. Chandler struck late when Dionte Sykes scored from a yard out but the Wolves were called for a penalty that was enforced on the kickoff giving the Huskies the ball at midfield. Smith scored again on his 32nd and final carry of the ball game with 30 seconds left for what proved to be the game winning touchdown for Hamilton.
Smith finished with 147 yards on the ground in helping setup a rematch of last years state title game against Mountain Pointe which was won by the Huskies 31-16. "I've been proud of all our teams but this group in particular because they have overcome so much" said Hamilton Head Coach Steve Belles. The Huskies have now won 7 consecutive games since losing a 37-27 regular season game at Mountain Pointe on September 27th.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- Station Casino's Co-Founder and UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta - Saturday August 23Lorenzo Fertitta talks about sponsoring the Sollenberger Classic and the UFC coming to Phoenix.
- AIA Director of Business Media Brian Bolitho - Saturday August 23Brian Bolitho talks about the importance and growth of the Sollenberger Classic.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.