Mesa Hall of Fame to induct 13, including McKane
Originally published: Nov 20, 2013 - 12:00 am
Florence football coach Steve McKane, who passed away in October, will be inducted posthumously into the Mesa City Sports Hall of Fame on Monday at Red Mountain High School.
McKane played at Mesa High, where he helped the school win two football state titles. The 38 year old suffered a heart attack in October.
During his senior season at Mesa High, McKane tallied 112 unassisted tackles before moving on to play at the University of Utah. The Hall of Fame reception will start at 6 p.m. in the auditorium and is open to the public.
The induction ceremony for McKane and 12 more former Mesa members will start at 7 p.m. For more information on these year’s inductees go here.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.