Mesa Hall of Fame to induct 13, including McKane
Originally published: Nov 20, 2013 - 12:00 am
Florence football coach Steve McKane, who passed away in October, will be inducted posthumously into the Mesa City Sports Hall of Fame on Monday at Red Mountain High School.
McKane played at Mesa High, where he helped the school win two football state titles. The 38 year old suffered a heart attack in October.
During his senior season at Mesa High, McKane tallied 112 unassisted tackles before moving on to play at the University of Utah. The Hall of Fame reception will start at 6 p.m. in the auditorium and is open to the public.
The induction ceremony for McKane and 12 more former Mesa members will start at 7 p.m. For more information on these year’s inductees go here.
- Perry High Sophomore and Arizona State Basketball Commit Markus Howard - Saturday August 30Markus Howard talks about committing to ASU and the upcoming season for Perry High School.
- Xavier Prep Junior and USC Girl's Volleyball Commit Khalia Lanier - Saturday August 30Khalia Lanier talks about the volleyball season and her commitment to USC.
- Basha Head Football Coach Gerald Todd - Saturday August 30Gerald Todd talks about getting their first win of the season against Desert Vista.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- August 30, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps recaps week 1 of the AZ HS sports season.
- August 30, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps week 1 of the Arizona High School sports season.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.