Mesa Hall of Fame to induct 13, including McKane
Originally published: Nov 20, 2013 - 12:00 am
Florence football coach Steve McKane, who passed away in October, will be inducted posthumously into the Mesa City Sports Hall of Fame on Monday at Red Mountain High School.
McKane played at Mesa High, where he helped the school win two football state titles. The 38 year old suffered a heart attack in October.
During his senior season at Mesa High, McKane tallied 112 unassisted tackles before moving on to play at the University of Utah. The Hall of Fame reception will start at 6 p.m. in the auditorium and is open to the public.
The induction ceremony for McKane and 12 more former Mesa members will start at 7 p.m. For more information on these year’s inductees go here.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday March 8AIA Associate Executive Director joins the show this morning.
- Karen Self - Saturday March 8Seton Catholic Head Girls Basketball Coach, Karen Self, joins the show.
- Jerry Conner - Saturday March 8Shadow Mountain Head Coach, Jerry Conner, joins the show.
- J'ohntar Coleman - Saturday March 8Desert Vista Head Girls Basketball Coach, J'ohntar Coleman, joins the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 1Player Casey Benson and coaches J'ohntar Coleman and Jerry Conner join the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 2Karen Self and AIA's Chuck Schmidt join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 1Jim Smith, Brian Bolitho and Paul Coro join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 2This hour James Kirk, Lisa Contreras and Sam Duane join the show
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour, Michael Carutenuto, Les Wilsey and Jason Skoda join the show.