DII Playoffs Round 1 - Tucson at Centennial
Originally published: Nov 6, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Centennial Coyotes will go for win number ten in a row on Friday as they play host to the Tucson Magnet School Badgers in a first round Division II playoff game in Peoria. The 9-1 Coyotes, who garnered the fourth seed in the bracket for the second straight year, look to go one step further than 2012 when they lost in the championship game to Ironwood Ridge 27-3. In fact, Centennial has been ousted from the playoffs by the eventual state champion in each of the previous three years, although the Coyotes did win three consecutive state titles from 2006 to 2008. This year's Centennial squad is averaging over 355 yards rushing and 4.8 touchdowns per contest. Tucson, who is 7-3 and seeded 13th, is coming off back-to-back losses to Salpointe Catholic and Mountain View (seeded #1 and #8, respectively). The Badgers have scored an average of five touchdowns per game and amassed over 401 total yards each game on average. Senior running back Donovan Moore and sophomore RB Bryce Coleman have combined for 1,959 yards on the ground this season. Kickoff for Friday's game is set for 7pm at Centennial High School, and the winner will take on either #12 Deer Valley or #5 Sunnyslope in the quarterfinals next week.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday March 8AIA Associate Executive Director joins the show this morning.
- Karen Self - Saturday March 8Seton Catholic Head Girls Basketball Coach, Karen Self, joins the show.
- Jerry Conner - Saturday March 8Shadow Mountain Head Coach, Jerry Conner, joins the show.
- J'ohntar Coleman - Saturday March 8Desert Vista Head Girls Basketball Coach, J'ohntar Coleman, joins the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 1Player Casey Benson and coaches J'ohntar Coleman and Jerry Conner join the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 2Karen Self and AIA's Chuck Schmidt join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 1Jim Smith, Brian Bolitho and Paul Coro join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 2This hour James Kirk, Lisa Contreras and Sam Duane join the show
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour, Michael Carutenuto, Les Wilsey and Jason Skoda join the show.