DII Playoffs Round 1 - Tucson at Centennial
Originally published: Nov 6, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Centennial Coyotes will go for win number ten in a row on Friday as they play host to the Tucson Magnet School Badgers in a first round Division II playoff game in Peoria. The 9-1 Coyotes, who garnered the fourth seed in the bracket for the second straight year, look to go one step further than 2012 when they lost in the championship game to Ironwood Ridge 27-3. In fact, Centennial has been ousted from the playoffs by the eventual state champion in each of the previous three years, although the Coyotes did win three consecutive state titles from 2006 to 2008. This year's Centennial squad is averaging over 355 yards rushing and 4.8 touchdowns per contest. Tucson, who is 7-3 and seeded 13th, is coming off back-to-back losses to Salpointe Catholic and Mountain View (seeded #1 and #8, respectively). The Badgers have scored an average of five touchdowns per game and amassed over 401 total yards each game on average. Senior running back Donovan Moore and sophomore RB Bryce Coleman have combined for 1,959 yards on the ground this season. Kickoff for Friday's game is set for 7pm at Centennial High School, and the winner will take on either #12 Deer Valley or #5 Sunnyslope in the quarterfinals next week.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- Matt Rogers - Saturday April 12Xavier Head Sand Volleyball Coach Matt Rogers joins the show.
- Mike Woods - Saturday April 12Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods joins the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.
- March 29, 2014 - Hour: 1Eric Kibler and Justin Allen join the show.