Originally published: Nov 1, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Highland Hawks end the regular season losing back to back games but they have proved to many that they are going to be a very tough out come playoff time. In their regular season finale they fall to the Chandler Wolves 21-14. In the first quarter they stopped a pair of Chandler drives, once on downs inside the 5 yard line and blocked a field goal and showed they mean business. However on Chandler's 3rd posession Terrel Flanagan scored his first touchdown of the game on a 6 yard run. The Hawks have played well all season and quarterback Blake Young continued his fine play as he threw 2nd quarter touchdown passes to Ryan McCord and Jake Brown to give Highland a 14-7 lead.
Chandler quarterback Bryce Perkins didn't have his best game of the season as he was intercepted three times but his 28 yard pass to Dionte Sykes tied the game at 14 and the teams went to the locker room tied. The Wolves had a chance to take a quick lead in the 3rd quarter but Chase Lucas fumbled inside the one yard line and Highland took possession at their own 20. Terrel Flanagan scored on a 19 yard run the next time the Wolves had the ball and Chandler went up 21-14. Chandler's defense came through the entire game and with under a minute left Flanagan intercepted Blake Young in the end zone to secure the victory.
Chandler finishes the regular season at 8-2 and will be seeded #2 in the division 1 playoffs. "It's great to be home in the playoffs, it gives the kids a different mindset" said Chandler head coach Shaun Aguano. The Wolves lost their opening round game last year at Brophy 54-44. Highland finishes at 6-4 and will find out their playoff position when the official seedings are announced on Saturday morning.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- Station Casino's Co-Founder and UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta - Saturday August 23Lorenzo Fertitta talks about sponsoring the Sollenberger Classic and the UFC coming to Phoenix.
- AIA Director of Business Media Brian Bolitho - Saturday August 23Brian Bolitho talks about the importance and growth of the Sollenberger Classic.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.