Originally published: Nov 1, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Highland Hawks end the regular season losing back to back games but they have proved to many that they are going to be a very tough out come playoff time. In their regular season finale they fall to the Chandler Wolves 21-14. In the first quarter they stopped a pair of Chandler drives, once on downs inside the 5 yard line and blocked a field goal and showed they mean business. However on Chandler's 3rd posession Terrel Flanagan scored his first touchdown of the game on a 6 yard run. The Hawks have played well all season and quarterback Blake Young continued his fine play as he threw 2nd quarter touchdown passes to Ryan McCord and Jake Brown to give Highland a 14-7 lead.
Chandler quarterback Bryce Perkins didn't have his best game of the season as he was intercepted three times but his 28 yard pass to Dionte Sykes tied the game at 14 and the teams went to the locker room tied. The Wolves had a chance to take a quick lead in the 3rd quarter but Chase Lucas fumbled inside the one yard line and Highland took possession at their own 20. Terrel Flanagan scored on a 19 yard run the next time the Wolves had the ball and Chandler went up 21-14. Chandler's defense came through the entire game and with under a minute left Flanagan intercepted Blake Young in the end zone to secure the victory.
Chandler finishes the regular season at 8-2 and will be seeded #2 in the division 1 playoffs. "It's great to be home in the playoffs, it gives the kids a different mindset" said Chandler head coach Shaun Aguano. The Wolves lost their opening round game last year at Brophy 54-44. Highland finishes at 6-4 and will find out their playoff position when the official seedings are announced on Saturday morning.
- Blue Ridge Head Coach Paul Moro - Saturday December 7Blue Ridge Head Coach Paul Moro joins the show to discuss winning the Division IV title last week.
- Mountain Pointe Head Coach Norris Vaughan - Saturday December 7Mountain Pointe Head Football Coach Norris Vaughan joins the show to discuss winning the Division I
- Cameron Denson Interview - Saturday November 30Salpointe Catholic player Cameron Denson talks about winning the state title and what's next for hi
- Coach Dave Inness Interview - Saturday November 30AIA Color Analyst and Northwest Christian Head Coach Dave Inness previews tonight's championships.
- December 7, 2013 - Hour: 1In this hour we talk to the Division I and Division IV State Title winners.
- November 30, 2013 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 bringing you the latest in high school sports from around the state.
- November 30, 2013 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 bringing you the latest in high school sports from around the state.
- November 23, 2013 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 bringing you the latest in high school sports from around the state.
- November 23, 2013 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 bringing you the latest in high school sports from around the state.