Chandler Wolves 49 Basha Bears 7
Originally published: Oct 25, 2013 - 12:00 am
Both Chandler and Basha have solid offenses and putting up points usually isn't a problem. On this night only one of those units showed up and it was the Wolves running away from the Bears 49-7. Things started off bad for Basha as they started the first possesion of the game inside their own 10 yard line and Quarterback Zach Werlinger threw an interception. They were able to stop Chandler on downs but couldn't get anything going on the offensive side of the ball. In the first half Basha was forced to punt six times and after the first one Chandler drove 72 yards to paydirt. The drive was capped on a ten yard td pass from QB Bryce Perkins to Mitch McCauley.
The Wolves fully took control of the game in the second quarter when they scored four touchdowns. Chase Lucas scored twice on the ground from 39 and 12 yards out and was also on the recieving end of an 18 yard td pass from Perkins. Perkins would find Dan Mahan in the end zone from 30 yards away for the final score of the half making it 35-0 Chandler. The running clock went into effect in the third quarter when Perkins rushed for a 20 yard touchdown and after another Werlinger interception Terrell Flanagan scorfed on an 8 yard td run for a 49-0 lead.
"Our kids are playing very well, and we'll be tough in the playoffs" said coach Shaun Aguano. Chandler improves to 7-2 and heads to Highland next week to face the 6-3 hawks. Basha has now lost three straight games and falls to 4-5, and are under .500 for the first time in school history. They will play host to the 2-7 Gilbert Tigers Friday night.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- Matt Rogers - Saturday April 12Xavier Head Sand Volleyball Coach Matt Rogers joins the show.
- Mike Woods - Saturday April 12Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods joins the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.
- March 29, 2014 - Hour: 1Eric Kibler and Justin Allen join the show.