D-II boys golf: Notre Dame's Austin Stadeli leader with 69
Originally published: Oct 25, 2013 - 12:00 am
Notre Dame Prep's Austin Stadeli is the first-round leader after shooting a 3-under par 69 on Friday (Oct. 25) at the Division II boys state golf tournament at Aguila Golf Course in Laveen. Stadeli and his Notre Dame teammates hold a two-shot lead over defending champ Thunderbird after the first round.
Stadeli, a senior who tied for second last season, eagled the 15th hole to boost his total to -3 and parred the remaining three holes to keep the lead. Canyon del Oro's Chris Meyers is alone in second at -2 and Thunderbird's Logan Gardner is tied for third with Apache Junction's Gage Grimes at -1.
Notre Dame's team score of 290 is two-over par with Thunderbird at 292. Saturday's final round figures to be a two-team race barring a remarkable round by the next closest teams. Canyon del Oro is in third place at 304. Tied for fourth are Campo Verde and Catalina Foothills (311).
Tee times on Saturday begin at 7:30 a.m. with the final groups teeing off by approximately 9:30 a.m.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday March 8AIA Associate Executive Director joins the show this morning.
- Karen Self - Saturday March 8Seton Catholic Head Girls Basketball Coach, Karen Self, joins the show.
- Jerry Conner - Saturday March 8Shadow Mountain Head Coach, Jerry Conner, joins the show.
- J'ohntar Coleman - Saturday March 8Desert Vista Head Girls Basketball Coach, J'ohntar Coleman, joins the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 1Player Casey Benson and coaches J'ohntar Coleman and Jerry Conner join the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 2Karen Self and AIA's Chuck Schmidt join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 1Jim Smith, Brian Bolitho and Paul Coro join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 2This hour James Kirk, Lisa Contreras and Sam Duane join the show
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour, Michael Carutenuto, Les Wilsey and Jason Skoda join the show.