D-II boys golf: Notre Dame's Austin Stadeli leader with 69
Originally published: Oct 25, 2013 - 12:00 am
Notre Dame Prep's Austin Stadeli is the first-round leader after shooting a 3-under par 69 on Friday (Oct. 25) at the Division II boys state golf tournament at Aguila Golf Course in Laveen. Stadeli and his Notre Dame teammates hold a two-shot lead over defending champ Thunderbird after the first round.
Stadeli, a senior who tied for second last season, eagled the 15th hole to boost his total to -3 and parred the remaining three holes to keep the lead. Canyon del Oro's Chris Meyers is alone in second at -2 and Thunderbird's Logan Gardner is tied for third with Apache Junction's Gage Grimes at -1.
Notre Dame's team score of 290 is two-over par with Thunderbird at 292. Saturday's final round figures to be a two-team race barring a remarkable round by the next closest teams. Canyon del Oro is in third place at 304. Tied for fourth are Campo Verde and Catalina Foothills (311).
Tee times on Saturday begin at 7:30 a.m. with the final groups teeing off by approximately 9:30 a.m.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.