FB power rankings: New No. 1s in D-IV, D-V and D-VI
Originally published: Oct 15, 2013 - 12:00 am
New leaders emerged in three of the state's six football divisions according to the latest Power Rankings powered by MaxPreps released Tuesday (Oct. 15).
Taking over the top spot in Division IV after falling from that position a week earlier is Snowflake (6-1). Thatcher (7-0) did the same in D-V thanks to Yuma Catholic's triumph over last week's No. 1 Arizona Lutheran. Gilbert Christian (8-0) leap-frogged Pima (7-0) for No. 1 in D-VI with both schools winning and remaining unbeaten on the season.
Holding on to the top spots in D-I, D-II and D-III are Mountain Pointe (8-0), Salpointe (7-0) and Desert Edge (7-0), respectively.
Making significant jumps in D-I are Red Mountain (16 to 11) and Horizon (10 to 6). Moving into the top 10 in D-II is Sahuaro (11 to 9) and dropping out are Ironwood Ridge (9 to 11) and Tolleson (10 to 12). Saguaro (6-1), which was 8th in D-III two weeks ago, rests at No. 2 behind Desert Edge after consecutive wins over Queen Creek and Williams Field. The D-III top 10 houses the same 10 teams from last week with slight shuffling.
Moving to No. 2 in D-IV is Seton Catholic (6-1), which suffered its only loss in September to now No. 1 Snowflake and topped last week's No. 1 Coolidge (6-1). Coolidge fell to No. 3. Joining the D-IV top 10 this week are Safford (12 to 9) and Fountain Hills (11 to 10). Falling out is Sahuarita (9 to 11) and Palo Verde (6 to 14). There are no unbeaten teams left in D-IV.
Yuma Catholic (5-1) jumped three spots in D-V (5 to 2) and Holbrook moved from 11 to 10 replacing Benson at that spot. The DV-I top 10 remained intact with minor shuffling heading to the final week of regular season for 8-man schools.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.