FB power rankings: New No. 1s in D-IV, D-V and D-VI
Originally published: Oct 15, 2013 - 12:00 am
New leaders emerged in three of the state's six football divisions according to the latest Power Rankings powered by MaxPreps released Tuesday (Oct. 15).
Taking over the top spot in Division IV after falling from that position a week earlier is Snowflake (6-1). Thatcher (7-0) did the same in D-V thanks to Yuma Catholic's triumph over last week's No. 1 Arizona Lutheran. Gilbert Christian (8-0) leap-frogged Pima (7-0) for No. 1 in D-VI with both schools winning and remaining unbeaten on the season.
Holding on to the top spots in D-I, D-II and D-III are Mountain Pointe (8-0), Salpointe (7-0) and Desert Edge (7-0), respectively.
Making significant jumps in D-I are Red Mountain (16 to 11) and Horizon (10 to 6). Moving into the top 10 in D-II is Sahuaro (11 to 9) and dropping out are Ironwood Ridge (9 to 11) and Tolleson (10 to 12). Saguaro (6-1), which was 8th in D-III two weeks ago, rests at No. 2 behind Desert Edge after consecutive wins over Queen Creek and Williams Field. The D-III top 10 houses the same 10 teams from last week with slight shuffling.
Moving to No. 2 in D-IV is Seton Catholic (6-1), which suffered its only loss in September to now No. 1 Snowflake and topped last week's No. 1 Coolidge (6-1). Coolidge fell to No. 3. Joining the D-IV top 10 this week are Safford (12 to 9) and Fountain Hills (11 to 10). Falling out is Sahuarita (9 to 11) and Palo Verde (6 to 14). There are no unbeaten teams left in D-IV.
Yuma Catholic (5-1) jumped three spots in D-V (5 to 2) and Holbrook moved from 11 to 10 replacing Benson at that spot. The DV-I top 10 remained intact with minor shuffling heading to the final week of regular season for 8-man schools.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- Station Casino's Co-Founder and UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta - Saturday August 23Lorenzo Fertitta talks about sponsoring the Sollenberger Classic and the UFC coming to Phoenix.
- AIA Director of Business Media Brian Bolitho - Saturday August 23Brian Bolitho talks about the importance and growth of the Sollenberger Classic.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.