Basha @ Hamilton
Originally published: Oct 12, 2013 - 12:00 am
Once again the Hamilton Huskies found themselves trailing a Chandler opponent late in the game but this time a late score held up as the Hamilton Huskies defeated the Basha Bears 32-31. Elijah Williams scored on a reverse with 1:33 for the victory. Things started off in a sloppy fashion for Basha as a fumble and a pair of bad snaps led to a 12-0 Hamilton lead. Zach Werlinger and the Basha offense may be down but are rarely out and his two second quarter touchdown passes kept the Bears in the game and thier deficit at halfitme was 19-14.
Sam Sasso who passed for 205 yards scored on a 3 yard quarterback sneak gave Hamilton a 26-14 lead in the 3rd quarter and it looked like the Huskies would pull away. Werlinger passed for 233 yards but his two touchdown runs along with a field goal put Basha in front 31-26 with 4:13 remaining. Senior quarterback Sam Sasso would lead his team to the decisive score 2:40 later. "He has done that in 3 of the last 4 games including the game against Liberty out in Nevada" Head Coach Steve Belles Said. Tyrell Smith had a pair of ine yard touchdown runs and finished with 69 rushing yards. Qualen Cunningham registered 5 sacks and was a force on defense as Basha fumbled 6 times and lost 4 of them. With the win Hamilton is now 5-2 and Basha falls to 4-3.
- Perry High Sophomore and Arizona State Basketball Commit Markus Howard - Saturday August 30Markus Howard talks about committing to ASU and the upcoming season for Perry High School.
- Xavier Prep Junior and USC Girl's Volleyball Commit Khalia Lanier - Saturday August 30Khalia Lanier talks about the volleyball season and her commitment to USC.
- Basha Head Football Coach Gerald Todd - Saturday August 30Gerald Todd talks about getting their first win of the season against Desert Vista.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- August 30, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps recaps week 1 of the AZ HS sports season.
- August 30, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps week 1 of the Arizona High School sports season.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.