Football rankings for 6 divisions posted on AIA365.COM
Originally published: Oct 1, 2013 - 12:00 am
The first football rankings for the state's six football divisions posted today (Tuesday Oct. 1) on AIA365.com.
Topping the first rankings are Mountain Pointe (6-0) in Division I; Salpointe (5-0-D-II); Desert Edge (5-0-D-III); Snowflake (5-0-D-IV); Thatcher (5-0-D-V) and Pima (5-0-D-VI).
Only three schools in D-I are unbeaten (Mountain Pointe, Westview and Skyline). The top two teams in D-II are unscathed (Salpointe and Sunnyslope). D-III's top five teams have no losses (Desert Edge, Queen Creek, Williams Field, Peoria and Tempe High). The top two in D-IV are Snowflake and unbeaten Coolidge. The first four teams in D-V rankings are perfect (Thatcher, Arizona Lutheran, Northwest Christian and St. Johns). Behind unbeaten Pima in D-VI are Gilbert Christian (6-0) and Bagdad (4-0).
Some divisions have already begun sectional play and those contests start in earnest this week. Weekly updates post on Tuesdays the rest of the season, usually by 10 a.m.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.