Mountain Pointe Vs Chandler
Originally published: Sep 20, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Pride of Mountain Pointe looks like a team on a mission. The came into Austin field and blew past the Wolves of Chandler by a score of 38-14. Chandler scored first as Mountain Pointe quarterback Antonio Hinojosa was intercepted and that set up a 28 yard touchdown pass to Chase Lucas from Bryce Perkins. The lead was shortlived as Mountain Pointe was able to sustain numerous drives, the first was 75 yards and was capped by a Hinojosa 8 yard TD pass to emmanuel Butler thst tied the game. The Pride got great field position soon after a 3 and out resulted in the first of two blocked Chandler punts. Hinojosa took it in from 5 yards out for a 14-7 lead after the fiest quarter.
Another blocked punt set up another touchdown for Mountain Pointe, this time it was Brandyn Leonard hitting paydirt from 3 yards out for a 21-7 lead. Another stop on defense and another long drive is what the Pride all night and the final score of the half was a 20 yard Leonard run that ended an 84 yard drive.
Mountain Pointe capitalized on a pair of turnovers in the 2nd half and consistently gave the ball to Leonard in the as he finished the game with over 170 yards on the ground and 3 touchdowns as he took the RB role from an injured Wesley Payne. "This was a great team effort. The offense was incredible, the defense was incredible. It's all about being physical and preparation" coach Vaughn said. The Pride is now 5-0 and are set to host 4-0 Hamilton next Friday night. Things don't get easier after that as they visit Ahwautukee rival Desert Vista on Oct 4. Chandler after starting 2-0 now has a 2-2 record and will travel to winless Caesar Chavez next Friday night.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.