Deer Valley's sports programs placed on probation
Originally published: Sep 16, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Arizona Interscholastic Association's executive board voted unanimously to place Deer Valley's athletic department on probation for the remainder of the school year for its decision to play two football players during a hardship appeal.
Because of Monday's decision by the board, none of Deer Valley's teams will be allowed to participate in the playoffs during the 2013-14 school year.
A Deer Valley representative said during Monday’s board meeting that the school didn’t intend to anger the AIA’s board by playing the two players.
“It was the best decision for students based on everything we had gathered,” the representative said.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.