Deer Valley's sports programs placed on probation
Originally published: Sep 16, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Arizona Interscholastic Association's executive board voted unanimously to place Deer Valley's athletic department on probation for the remainder of the school year for its decision to play two football players during a hardship appeal.
Because of Monday's decision by the board, none of Deer Valley's teams will be allowed to participate in the playoffs during the 2013-14 school year.
A Deer Valley representative said during Monday’s board meeting that the school didn’t intend to anger the AIA’s board by playing the two players.
“It was the best decision for students based on everything we had gathered,” the representative said.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- Matt Rogers - Saturday April 12Xavier Head Sand Volleyball Coach Matt Rogers joins the show.
- Mike Woods - Saturday April 12Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods joins the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.
- March 29, 2014 - Hour: 1Eric Kibler and Justin Allen join the show.