Deer Valley's sports programs placed on probation
Originally published: Sep 16, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Arizona Interscholastic Association's executive board voted unanimously to place Deer Valley's athletic department on probation for the remainder of the school year for its decision to play two football players during a hardship appeal.
Because of Monday's decision by the board, none of Deer Valley's teams will be allowed to participate in the playoffs during the 2013-14 school year.
A Deer Valley representative said during Monday’s board meeting that the school didn’t intend to anger the AIA’s board by playing the two players.
“It was the best decision for students based on everything we had gathered,” the representative said.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.