Deer Valley's sports programs placed on probation
Originally published: Sep 16, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Arizona Interscholastic Association's executive board voted unanimously to place Deer Valley's athletic department on probation for the remainder of the school year for its decision to play two football players during a hardship appeal.
Because of Monday's decision by the board, none of Deer Valley's teams will be allowed to participate in the playoffs during the 2013-14 school year.
A Deer Valley representative said during Monday’s board meeting that the school didn’t intend to anger the AIA’s board by playing the two players.
“It was the best decision for students based on everything we had gathered,” the representative said.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday March 8AIA Associate Executive Director joins the show this morning.
- Karen Self - Saturday March 8Seton Catholic Head Girls Basketball Coach, Karen Self, joins the show.
- Jerry Conner - Saturday March 8Shadow Mountain Head Coach, Jerry Conner, joins the show.
- J'ohntar Coleman - Saturday March 8Desert Vista Head Girls Basketball Coach, J'ohntar Coleman, joins the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 1Player Casey Benson and coaches J'ohntar Coleman and Jerry Conner join the show.
- March 8, 2014 - Hour: 2Karen Self and AIA's Chuck Schmidt join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 1Jim Smith, Brian Bolitho and Paul Coro join the show.
- March 1, 2014 - Hour: 2This hour James Kirk, Lisa Contreras and Sam Duane join the show
- February 22, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour, Michael Carutenuto, Les Wilsey and Jason Skoda join the show.