Game Recap---Brophy Broncos @ Hamilton Huskies
Originally published: Sep 6, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Hamilton Huskies played their first home game of the season tonight and defeated the vistiting Brophy Broncos 26-9. The defending state champions had a fairly balanced attack as they ran for 183 yards and collected 226 yards in the air. The first quarter was scoreless but quarterback Sam Sasso found paydirt from 2 yards out to open the scoring in quarter number two. Brophy got on the board with a 31 yard field goal to close the gap to 7-3 but and 80 yard drive capped by the first of two touchdown runs by Tyrell Smith boosted the lead to 14-3, a lead they would take to the locker room.
The broncos stayed competititve and got within 14-9 after Brian Woodward threw a 16 yard touchdown pass. The 2 point conversion was no good and that was the momentum swing that turned the game. On the ensuing drive Sasso hit Brandon Kriclek on 74 yard pass play and Smith finished off the drive with his second touchdown run of the game for a 20-9 lead. With under a minute left in the game Hamilton cashed in on another scoring opportunity as Sasso found sophmore Kyeler Burke in the end zone to close out the scoring. "Our offense came of age tonight, and we needed to as we will be playing some good teams down the line" Hamilton coach Steve belles said.
Smith finished with 108 yards on the ground and Kriclek snagged 167 recieving yards as they Huskies have now won 14 games in a row dating back to last season. It's also their fifth consecutive win over Brophy, a team they had not played since October 22, 2010. 2-0 Pinnacle visits Hamilton next Thursday night while 1-1 Brophy will entertain Centennial.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- Station Casino's Co-Founder and UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta - Saturday August 23Lorenzo Fertitta talks about sponsoring the Sollenberger Classic and the UFC coming to Phoenix.
- AIA Director of Business Media Brian Bolitho - Saturday August 23Brian Bolitho talks about the importance and growth of the Sollenberger Classic.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.