Game Recap---Brophy Broncos @ Hamilton Huskies
Originally published: Sep 6, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Hamilton Huskies played their first home game of the season tonight and defeated the vistiting Brophy Broncos 26-9. The defending state champions had a fairly balanced attack as they ran for 183 yards and collected 226 yards in the air. The first quarter was scoreless but quarterback Sam Sasso found paydirt from 2 yards out to open the scoring in quarter number two. Brophy got on the board with a 31 yard field goal to close the gap to 7-3 but and 80 yard drive capped by the first of two touchdown runs by Tyrell Smith boosted the lead to 14-3, a lead they would take to the locker room.
The broncos stayed competititve and got within 14-9 after Brian Woodward threw a 16 yard touchdown pass. The 2 point conversion was no good and that was the momentum swing that turned the game. On the ensuing drive Sasso hit Brandon Kriclek on 74 yard pass play and Smith finished off the drive with his second touchdown run of the game for a 20-9 lead. With under a minute left in the game Hamilton cashed in on another scoring opportunity as Sasso found sophmore Kyeler Burke in the end zone to close out the scoring. "Our offense came of age tonight, and we needed to as we will be playing some good teams down the line" Hamilton coach Steve belles said.
Smith finished with 108 yards on the ground and Kriclek snagged 167 recieving yards as they Huskies have now won 14 games in a row dating back to last season. It's also their fifth consecutive win over Brophy, a team they had not played since October 22, 2010. 2-0 Pinnacle visits Hamilton next Thursday night while 1-1 Brophy will entertain Centennial.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- Matt Rogers - Saturday April 12Xavier Head Sand Volleyball Coach Matt Rogers joins the show.
- Mike Woods - Saturday April 12Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods joins the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.
- March 29, 2014 - Hour: 1Eric Kibler and Justin Allen join the show.