Game Recap---Brophy Broncos @ Hamilton Huskies
Originally published: Sep 6, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Hamilton Huskies played their first home game of the season tonight and defeated the vistiting Brophy Broncos 26-9. The defending state champions had a fairly balanced attack as they ran for 183 yards and collected 226 yards in the air. The first quarter was scoreless but quarterback Sam Sasso found paydirt from 2 yards out to open the scoring in quarter number two. Brophy got on the board with a 31 yard field goal to close the gap to 7-3 but and 80 yard drive capped by the first of two touchdown runs by Tyrell Smith boosted the lead to 14-3, a lead they would take to the locker room.
The broncos stayed competititve and got within 14-9 after Brian Woodward threw a 16 yard touchdown pass. The 2 point conversion was no good and that was the momentum swing that turned the game. On the ensuing drive Sasso hit Brandon Kriclek on 74 yard pass play and Smith finished off the drive with his second touchdown run of the game for a 20-9 lead. With under a minute left in the game Hamilton cashed in on another scoring opportunity as Sasso found sophmore Kyeler Burke in the end zone to close out the scoring. "Our offense came of age tonight, and we needed to as we will be playing some good teams down the line" Hamilton coach Steve belles said.
Smith finished with 108 yards on the ground and Kriclek snagged 167 recieving yards as they Huskies have now won 14 games in a row dating back to last season. It's also their fifth consecutive win over Brophy, a team they had not played since October 22, 2010. 2-0 Pinnacle visits Hamilton next Thursday night while 1-1 Brophy will entertain Centennial.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.