Game recap - Notre Dame Prep at Desert Mountain
Originally published: Sep 6, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Desert Mountain defense held the Saints' offense to just 29 total yards in the first half while picking off three passes during the game, and the Wolves' offense marched up and down the field in a 45-3 home victory over Notre Dame Prep Friday night in Scottsdale.
The Wolves notched three rushing touchdowns in the first half - an 11-yard run by Deion Warren, a one-yard plunge by Dan Fedorka, and a nine-yard scamper by Jordan Craig. Senior linebacker Greg Frasco also picked off a Saints pass late in the first quarter and raced 18 yards to the end zone, while Austin Taylor closed out the scoring in the first half by booting a 38-yard field goal wih 22 seconds left to give Desert Mountain a 31-0 halftime advantage.
Wolves senior quarterback Kyle Allen tossed his only touchdown pass of the night in the third quarter, hitting senior wideout Wes Andrews from 15 yards out. Allen finished with 225 passing yards on the night, 194 of which came in the first half. Andrews caught a total of six passes for 79 yards. Reid Openshaw finished off the scoring for Desert Mountain in the fourth quarter with a two-yard TD run.
Notre Dame's only score came in the opening minute of the second half when Grayson Naquin booted a 36-yard field goal. The score was set up by a fumble recovery by Saints' junior defensive end John Reardon on Desert Mountain's first play from scrimmage in the second half.
Desert Mountain rebounds from a tough 13-6 loss to Brophy Prep to even its record at 1-1. The Wolves travel to Willow Canyon next week for a Thursday night contest.
Despite its 24-7 season-opening victory over Betty Fairfax a week ago, Notre Dame has failed to score a touchdown in its last six quarters of play. The Saints, who drop to 1-1, also have a Thursday game next week in Peoria against Liberty.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- Matt Rogers - Saturday April 12Xavier Head Sand Volleyball Coach Matt Rogers joins the show.
- Mike Woods - Saturday April 12Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods joins the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.
- March 29, 2014 - Hour: 1Eric Kibler and Justin Allen join the show.