Game recap - Notre Dame Prep at Desert Mountain
Originally published: Sep 6, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Desert Mountain defense held the Saints' offense to just 29 total yards in the first half while picking off three passes during the game, and the Wolves' offense marched up and down the field in a 45-3 home victory over Notre Dame Prep Friday night in Scottsdale.
The Wolves notched three rushing touchdowns in the first half - an 11-yard run by Deion Warren, a one-yard plunge by Dan Fedorka, and a nine-yard scamper by Jordan Craig. Senior linebacker Greg Frasco also picked off a Saints pass late in the first quarter and raced 18 yards to the end zone, while Austin Taylor closed out the scoring in the first half by booting a 38-yard field goal wih 22 seconds left to give Desert Mountain a 31-0 halftime advantage.
Wolves senior quarterback Kyle Allen tossed his only touchdown pass of the night in the third quarter, hitting senior wideout Wes Andrews from 15 yards out. Allen finished with 225 passing yards on the night, 194 of which came in the first half. Andrews caught a total of six passes for 79 yards. Reid Openshaw finished off the scoring for Desert Mountain in the fourth quarter with a two-yard TD run.
Notre Dame's only score came in the opening minute of the second half when Grayson Naquin booted a 36-yard field goal. The score was set up by a fumble recovery by Saints' junior defensive end John Reardon on Desert Mountain's first play from scrimmage in the second half.
Desert Mountain rebounds from a tough 13-6 loss to Brophy Prep to even its record at 1-1. The Wolves travel to Willow Canyon next week for a Thursday night contest.
Despite its 24-7 season-opening victory over Betty Fairfax a week ago, Notre Dame has failed to score a touchdown in its last six quarters of play. The Saints, who drop to 1-1, also have a Thursday game next week in Peoria against Liberty.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday June 14AIA Executive Director, Chuck Schmidt, joins the show to talk about everything AIA.
- Blake Jackson - Saturday June 7Gilbert High School, Scottsdale Community College and Oklahoma State alum, Blake Jackson joins the s
- Casey Benson - Saturday June 7Three Time State Champion PG for Corona Del Sol, Casey Benson, joins the show.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Cole Tucker, Casey Benson and Blake Jackson join the show.
- May 31, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 Show, bringing the latest in high school sports around the state.