Liberty girls hoops coach Berry heads to Ariz. Christian U.
Originally published: Aug 8, 2013 - 12:00 am
Peoria Liberty is searching for a new girls’ basketball coach after veteran floor boss Odell Berry informed school administrators he was stepping down to become the women’s basketball coach at Arizona Christian University in Phoenix.
Liberty first-year athletic director David Svorinic confirmed the move on Thursday (Aug. 8) and said applications are being accepted and interviews are being conducted.
“There is no timetable (for a replacement), but we hope to have someone sooner rather than later,’’ Svorinic said.
Since the 2009-10 season, Berry’s teams posted a combined 71-43 record, including a 22-7 finish last season. The new coach will have a solid group with which to build, including junior Courtney Christmas.
Word has it that Berry will have long-time assistant Wes Picciotti join him at ACU, along with his son, Doug Berry, a former girls’ coach at Scottsdale Desert Mountain.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- Robert Koehne - Saturday April 19Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.