Vacation's over: AIA's radio crew's 1st show on Saturday
Originally published: Aug 2, 2013 - 12:00 am
The boys are back. Oh, and I can’t forget about Kandace Hurdle.
Craig Grialou, Jim Grieshaber and Hurdle are preparing to return to the airwaves with the first Arizona Sports Preps 365 show of the 2013-14 season. The 9-11 a.m. Saturday program on KTAR 620 might need to expand with the lineup it scheduled for its first show.
Former Avondale Agua Fria great Randall McDaniel, the first homegrown talent to join Pro Football’s Hall of Fame, is in Canton, Ohio to help usher in the next former Arizona prep player, former Yuma High great Curley Culp, into the Hall of Fame. Our Saturday radio crew will talk to McDaniel to help set the scene for Sunday’s ceremony.
Also scheduled to talk to Arizona Sports Preps is the Arizona Interscholastic Association’s director of business media, Brian Bolitho, and Mountain Pointe football coach Norris Vaughan. The AIA announced this week that it’ll use USA Basketball’s future home in Tempe as the AIA’s permanent indoor postseason home, a move that Bolitho will address.
Vaughan and his team are preparing for their big trip to Las Vegas to play nationally ranked Bishop Gorman in the Sollenberger Classic this month.
azcentral’s Richard Obert and Floyd Simmons of Sportszone123.com in Flagstaff also will be on the show. Besides KTAR 620, high school sports fans can listen to the Arizona Sports Preps show on KCYK 1400 YUMA, KVNA 600 FLAGSTAFF, KVNA 104.7 FM Flagstaff, and KNTR 980 Lake Havasu.
Helping run the show is the newest member of the crew, James Mello, who sat in during a couple of shows last season. Welcome aboard James.
The boss of our Arizona Sports Preps crew is Kevin Ray, who received some big news recently. Ray will be doing the radio play-by-play for every Dallas Cowboys game this season for Compass Media Network.
- Chuck Schmidt - Saturday April 12AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt joins the show.
- Charlie Ragle - Saturday April 12U of A Assistant Coach and Tight Ends Coach Charlie Ragle joins the show.
- Matt Rogers - Saturday April 12Xavier Head Sand Volleyball Coach Matt Rogers joins the show.
- Mike Woods - Saturday April 12Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods joins the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Michael Rabasca, Ky Westbrook, and Richard Obert join the show.
- March 29, 2014 - Hour: 1Eric Kibler and Justin Allen join the show.